Who Do We Help?
Every year we help over 2,500 Islanders of all ages, or 15% of the year-round population!
- Seniors and seniors’ family members when seniors can’t afford secondary (supplemental) insurance; or need to choose a Medicare Part D prescription plan; or to submit a Long Term Care (nursing home) application; or are frail elders who need home care and can’t afford private pay
- Lower-income families with children and pregnant women who do not receive insurance through their employer(s)
- Working adults who are seasonally employed and seasonally unemployed, and self-employed
- People who are turning 65 and becoming Medicare-eligible
- Employers with part-time and/or contract employees who aren’t eligible for health insurance from their job
- People who are, or are becoming, disabled via chronic illness or injury
- People in financial trouble: we provide safety net services and referrals
- Uninsured or underinsured people who need medicine or dental care but cannot afford it
This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)